Yarn Gauge Tool
- This tool is not only good for spinners, but also for knitters!
- It is important to not only know the size of the yarn you are making, but also yarn you are purchasing.
- That is why this tool is a must have for any fiber fair.
- The cut out section allows you to wind yarn to determine the Wraps Per Inch (WPI).
- Each size yarn is labeled so you can lay it in the groove.
- This makes it so you have 2 ways to measure the gauge/thickness of the yarn
- To measure WPI, wind yarn around cut out laying yarn next to each other without pulling. Count the yarn that fills up the cut-out and divide by 2. That's your WPI.
- Comes with a nylon strap so it can be hung on a project bag.
- Made in Canada from 1/4" birch plywood in 4"x4" square. They are sanded and finished smooth and have a polyurethane finish.